SAP xApps belongs to the composite package of SAP applications which enables constant innovations in business processes. Due to its flexible nature it responds quickly to any business changes resulting in profitability at the same time not disrupting the existing IT investments.
The SAP xApps composite applications encompasses the total business systems, multiple solutions, various departments and organizations that provide the leverage to the existing IT infrastructure to be integrated into this SAP application. It also helps in fast reconfiguration to accommodate the requirements of the business processes, structures and also of the customers and partners. New collaborative capabilities are developed in the organization which is served through the role based portals.
The application of SAP xMII (SAP xApps Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence) helps in the integration of the plant systems to that of the enterprise and the data is displayed to the employees. Comparison and performance of the assets and the plants can be easily noted from the data directly helping in the expense reduction in plant synchronization through various applications and methodologies.
Various composite applications are derived from the SAP xApps that are applied to specific industries in accordance with the business processes -
1. xApps Cost and Quotation Management (SAP xCQM) - Helps in estimating cost in manufacturing companies submitting accurate quotes.
2. xApps Emissions Management (SAP xEM) - Helps the carbon emission producing and high energy consuming organizations to work along the environmental regulation acts.
3. xApps Integrated Exploration and Production (SAP xIEP) - Creates an operating environment in any enterprise that optimizes the exploration and production lifecycle.
4. xApps Resource and Portfolio Management (SAP xRPM) - Reflects drastic improvement in portfolio management and execution of IT and RD projects enterprise wide.
1. Cross functional, collaborative and composite functionalities are the unique features of this solution that helps in dramatic improvement and innovations in the business processes.
2. Cross functionality feature enables the solution to run in multi-application and multi information systems that helps in performing start to end processes throughout the system.
3. Composite functionality renders the flexibility to the flow of work adding new components.
4. Collaborative functionality strengthens the communication between the team members empowering them in making intelligent decisions.
5. Data warehousing, business intelligence and business management provided by the xApps enables in the critical analysis throughout the various functional points of the system.
6. The time required to plan and run the corporate strategies are reduced by the SAP xApps. It points out the opportunities within and outside the organization helping to adopt new business strategies thereby improving the work efficiency.