Being one of the most important components of SAP, the Training and Event Management helps with a number of functions that aids in organizational planning and management in different business events by investing minimum efforts. The SAP HR module consists of TEM which connects the SAP applications through an interface that enables it to update employee skills and information and extend as per requirement. The software can be incorporated with developmental programs that can be utilized for training and educational programs according to the needs of the employees and also to educate the under qualified staff.
1. Business Event Date Planning helps in the preparation of business events starting from the planning and creating the master data and setting up of a business event catalog based on hierarchy.
2. The business event catalog helps in determining the demands, and based on these the event dates are planned. Along with the planning of the business event dates, it also provides the estimation and the calculations of the costs involved. Cancellation of business dates is also followed up by the event catalog if the situation demands so.
3. The demand determination forms an integral part of the TEM and one can derive the demand determining factors from the existing data and if required there may be a change in the methodologies adopted for demand determination. For instance, one can check out the previous year's bookings and the pre-bookings of the events that will help in demand determination. After that a date proposal is created where the business events, dates, location, region and language are determined with planning operations and resource requirements being specified.
4. TEM helps in planning day to day activities like prioritizing the booking whether of an individual or the attendees. It checks the attendance prerequisites and the attendees to avoid time conflicts. Automatically or manually generated output correspondence is delivered. Daily activities can be delivered either in standard letters or by using mail merge format. It also helps in the usage of multi correspondence template.
5. TEM offers locking business facilities to lock the business events in a planned or booked status if the list of attendees is closed either internally or externally. One will have to unlock the list if some modifications are to be made.
6. Through recurring activities the TEM helps in the generation of the attendance list, providing the output of the confirmation of attendance, appraisals of the business events and the attendees and also the billing and in allocation of activities.
7. TEM helps in reporting by providing the request reports for all the data related to attendance, resources and the business events.