A component of SAP Netweaver, the SAP Solution Manager renders the technical support to the various management solutions through a centralized full bodied administrative and management system. Maintaining the focus on constant improvement and operations, the SAP Solution Manager uses various tools and methodologies to implement various solutions globally enhancing the reliability of solutions and reducing the ownership cost.
SAP Solution Manager takes all effort to maximize the performance of the SAP solutions. With its unique tools and methodologies it deals with the total IT environment including both the SAP and non-SAP software along with the forthcoming SAP solutions. The customer therefore has the full access to other functions of the SAP without paying extra charge.
Both the technical and the business aspects are handled efficiently by the SAP Solution Manager. Keeping its focus on the main business processes it maintains the connection between the various business procedures and the IT infrastructure. It results in a clear and transparent communication between the business process and the IT department to extract the maximum benefits of the IT investments.
1. The SAP Solution Manager emphasizes on the fast implementation along with the administration of projects. Through the central control system it also allows the cross component implementation. Easy implementation of any up gradation is also facilitated by the Solution Manager.
2. The entire software configuration and the IT solution changes are controlled by the solution manager. Approval for changes, deployment of changes followed by due analysis of the changes are implemented to maintain the quality of the solution.
3. Fast testing processes are carried on through a single accessible point and the testing materials and the results are stored in a centralized storage system.
4. The service desk of the SAP solution manager is efficient in managing incidents and eases out the settlement processes duly supported by the centralized handling of supported messages.
5. The solution manager works ably in finding out the root cause of all the problems surfacing due to the heterogeneous environment and resolves it by blocking the error producing system. It also keeps record of the single user and multi user processes and identifies the changes in different productive scenarios.
6. The system interfaces and the processes are ably monitored by the solution manager that reduces the administrative efforts. By identifying the inter system dependencies it helps in avoiding critical situations and through the automatic notifications the issues the resolved quickly.
7. Various levels of management are easily defined by the SAP solution manager through different interfaces which helps in proper reporting. Covering all the service systems within that landscape it offers a consolidated report with valuable information content required to make strategic decisions in the IT department.
8. The solution manager offers SAP support services that helps in reducing the technical risks of the system and empowering the management.