SAP Customer Service and Asset Management based on the Netweaver platform connects with the rest of the business integrating the applications of SAP and non-SAP and provide flexible and competitive solutions. Assets can be termed as the high cost machinery or equipments that play the most vital role in production. More the value of the asset lesser is the service and maintenance cost. So to boost business profits, reduce service and repairing costs, avoid damage and to optimize the usage of assets the SAP Asset Management supports the service management, maintenance, management of service parts which can be used by the owners and the third party holders of the organization. This helps in increase in service revenues, machinery efficiency, asset reliability and greater returns of the asset that is satisfying for both the customer and the user.
The entire lifecycle of the software starts from the design specification of the asset including its installation followed by the startup and maintenance of operations and its decommissioning. This asset management software also helps in financial planning regarding the maintenance of the asset according to the business requirements.
Features and Functions
1. Due to the open structure of the SAP SAM it helps in the reduction of costs related to the implementation, training and maintenance of the system. The Netweaver features enables to deliver the solutions in integrated form to many ERP, CRM environments.
2. Improves the productivity by maximizing the life cycle of the asset, lessening the ownership cost and duly supported by the technological and supply chain infrastructure.
3. Well manages the physical assets starting from the procurement to the end of the asset's life span.
4. Lessens the investment cost of service of the spare parts by ensuring that proper parts are placed in right areas in time.
5. Increases the visibility of the maintenance and the performance of the asset that helps in managing the capital expenditures thereby reducing the cost of operation. It also helps in the improvement of the asset productivity.
1. Helps in increasing customer satisfaction due to better quality of service and helps in outperforming among the competitors.
2. Due to efficient service and productivity and active monitoring of the service activities, there is a reduction in the service delivery costs.
3. It involves generation of higher revenues at minimum cost and maximum return from the assets.
4. By optimizing the use of human resource with due planning and forecasting for the service and maintenance in accordance with the inventories, the use of the assets can be optimized in minimum cost.
5. It helps to provide accurate financial reports recording all the costs incurred and revenues generated with proper analysis of the business profits.