SAP SD refers to the Sales and Distribution module which is aimed to manage the customer based activities and it includes the Pricing, Processing Sales Orders, Picking, Packing and Shipping. The module is designed to provide a complete overview of the process of sales and distribution. It is a part of the logistics module which is used to support the customer and sales related activities in a company.
Features of SD Modules
1. It takes the record of the transactions and the sales document structures.
2. It keeps the records of the presales process.
3. The organizations and enterprise structure can be designed through the module, and it includes the content creation and job assigning.
4. The module keeps the records starting from the quotation to sales order to delivery and billing the customer.
5. It is integrated to the PP and MM modules, and it allows the companies to make entries for the customer sales price, enquire about an open order and make a sales forecast.
6. The sales documents can be designed which includes defining the objectives, functions, processes to control the documents and phases of sales and controlling.
7. The sales documents can be modified as per the item category and needs of the company and some of the process includes defining item category, variations and overviews.
8. Bill of material and sales purpose can be defined to design the motives and functionalities of various processes.
9. The nature of sales documents, categories of sales document, the schedule line and functionalities can be created.
10. Its functionalities include credit management, tax determination, text processing, accounts determination and output determination.
The Flow of Modules in SD
The module is used to check the availability of material and the flow starts with making entry in the inquiry and quotation form which is integrated to the contract forms. The sales, shipping and delivery mechanism is integrated to the module, and the after getting the order the delivery related process are carried out.
After the completion of delivery the customer can claim credit in case the goods are damaged therefore options for both debit/credit memo is present, and then the billing documents are made. There are options for free of charge delivery and a history is recorded for each complete chain of documents starting from inquiry to quotation - sales order, delivery, invoice generation and delivery of goods.
Creating Modules and Organization Structure in SD
The enterprise structure can be defined with the FI and MM modules, and it also includes SD as it is integrated to the FI module .In the module the company creates the various sales zones, units and areas of the organizations structure. The organizations structure includes the business partners.
All the master data is entered to view the Sales Order Processing. The transactions forms in the module are: Create Customer Order, Create Delivery, Display an Order, Change Customer Delivery, List Orders and Create invoice. Automatic information view can be generated for the complete processes and the business prices in sales order can also be viewed to make changes to it.