Master Data Management (MDM) acts as a single source where all the consistent data about the vital information of an organization is kept and acts as the sole source of "truth" of the business. Data that exist in different information points doesn't always reflect the true picture of the business and relying on those data may jeopardize the business sometimes leading to catastrophe, especially in the field of visibility of the business that may result in wrong decision making. MDM prevents the dangerous consequences of inconsistent data supply and helps in adopting the right business strategies by accumulating information of the employees, customers, suppliers, products in a most discreet manner.
SAP Netweaver Master Data Management (MDM) has come out with the most promising solution of information and data management for an enterprise by accumulating all data in a single master data version.
1. It helps in the consolidation of master data in the central repository after extensive analysis and selection. Enriched with the unified SAP Business Objects Data Services software it improves the efficiency in processing, analysis across the organization and proper reporting. Consolidates the data objects from the heterogeneous systems and creates the master data version associated with images, audios, videos and pdf files that increases the data store.
2. Enables proper distribution and maintenance of the data ensuring that all systems receive the same master data during distribution with special attributes added to the data to accommodate requirements of different divisions, departments and regions.
3. Helps in managing any kind of unstructured data like Adobe pdf files and images and after restructuring and reformatting keeps stored in central repository. The data can be updated or published in various user friendly texts and forms and distributed to different divisions and trading partners.
4. Governs the company wide data by the centrally created master data system and through interactive distribution system the data is distributed to different client systems.
5. Helps in creating a customer data repository that helps in efficient coordination of the customer processes in different locations and units. It improves the selling, making decisions and facing various customer activities.
6. The vendor data from SAP and non-SAP sources are well maintained by eliminating irrelevant information and miscommunication and reduces the delay in supply chains thereby supporting the intelligent initiatives in the global business scenario.
1. It improves the real time visibility of the business and provides flexibility that helps to control, execute and amend business strategies.
2. The platform with its unique business specific software supports innovative business processes over the existing ones.
3. The aggregation and analysis of master data develops a better insight of the business helping to make right changes leading to a better performance and profitability.