SAP HR is one of the largest module of R/3 systems and it integrated to almost each and every module which includes SD, FI, CO, MM, PP etc. The HR module of SAP can accommodate the needs of large multinational company, and it also suits the needs of the small and midsized enterprises.
The module includes the following sub-modules: Organizations Management, Time Management, Recruitment, Personal Administration, Payroll, Compensation Management, Benefits, Budget Management, Personnel Cost Planning, Training and Event Management, Travel Management and Environment Health and Safety.
There are many other sub modules linked to these modules which include Shift Management, Incentives, Time Sheet, Occupational Health and Industrial Hygiene etc. There are a number of attractive features of software which enables the management to make quick and easy decision related to work assignments and project planning.
Features of SAP HR Module
1. There are two types of web services provided in the software Employee Self Service and Manager's self Service where the employees and the manager can manage their own department or divisions. The HR department can take unbiased decisions using the feature.
2. The employees are managed in two sections - the employee who are in the payroll and the ones who wish to be in payroll. If a company lays-off employees and wants to rehire the laid off employees it can get the information related to the employee such as address and contact information from the employee's history records.
3. SAP HR module provides a centrally managed database where all the information is at one place and the company can anytime get information related to an employee or the person who wish to be the employee of the company.
4. The information are stored in a number of formats and it can be designed through the pre defined templates such as street number, house number, pin code. Employee data includes fields actions(status of employee in the organizations), personal data, address, bank details, additional payments, planned working time, contract elements and absence records.
5. The information can be categorized in personal administration, PD object, recruitment, custom development and other sub categories.
6. For creating employee data the features create data, view data and maintain data can be used. The data undergoes the process of authorization and it is handled through a number of roles defined for each employee who take care of the sap hr sub modules - payroll, training and time management.
7. The organization is defined through a 14 character code and the combination of some key elements is used to identify the employees and to get a number of information related to the employee.
8. The role or admin powers of an employee can be modified though the administration and authorizations features.
9. There are features such as personal actions in which the employees employment history is stored with the organization and the info types required for hiring are actions, organizational assignment, personal data, planned working time, basic pay, bank details, address etc.