With the change in job market condition, University based degree courses appears outdated and therefore, students are opting to go for training programs in the latest technologies. A number of young professionals are interested in making a career in ERP and the demand for ERP consultants has been rising because it is a growing field. The cost of ERP has reduced by 50% in the last five years but the demand for consultants in the field can never go down. The cost reduction has enabled even small organizations to go for automation and these companies require employees for the maintenance of the software.
The software providing companies SAP, Microsoft and Oracle provide certification in various fields and some of the certification courses offered by these big companies are
1. Oracle provides Business Suite 11i certification and to get the test cleared one has to pass the examination of ability which will be based on real time work.
2. Microsoft provides certifications such as Microsoft Business Solutions Certification program which is offered by many institutions across the globe.
3. One can take training at an SAP authorized institutions to learn about the various functional modules of SAP although the training does not guarantee a job. One has to search for jobs after completing the training. The two days course can be priced between $2000 to $5000 which includes the charge of the exam and certificate, whereas, an ultimate SAP course can be priced up to $15,000 and SAP seminars are organized at a minimum price of $500.
4. In India a course on Microsoft Dynamics NAV functionalities is provide by ICAI at a price of $200 and SAP courses are provided at $1,000 annual fees by some of the reputed institutions.
Short Term Courses
1. There are different types of courses offered by various institutions across the world. The fee of course depends on the course type. A short term course may cost less as compared to long term course. A short term course may include modules such as ERP planning, design and maintenance, SCM, HRM, strategic enterprise management system, enterprise resource planning systems and integration.
2. The University of Australia provides a graduate degree in ERP and it includes the sections such as introduction of ERP systems, BPR, Database and ERP software.
3. Professionals prefer to get short-term training such as one week or two weeks program where the managers of organizations can realize the methodologies followed by ERPs and use it for implementation in their offices.
4. Two days course is given by The University of Auckland which benefits the personnel in various industries. The skills can be used for taking crucial managerial decisions at the time of implementation in a company.
5. The modules of the courses include the features, requirement analysis, studying business case, project management, implementation etc.
6. Corporate course is offered by Boston University for employees about the system.
7. Many websites and online institutions also provide online training which can be gained at a low cost and distance learning courses are offered at a few hundred dollars although after learning the course nobody guarantees a job.