ERP packages provide integrated solution which can be used for managing a business enterprise. Initially it was targeted to automate business processes in manufacturing units but now with a number of features it can ease business needs of many different verticals such as healthcare industry, hotel industry, defense sector, government agencies, NGO etc.
Features of ERP Software
1. It brought changes in the way businesses were working.
2. It broke traditional methods.
3. The complete organizational structure was changed to meet the new automation needs. It replaced horizontal structures and strategies.
4. Processes were integrated closely and a system of centralized data was provided.
5. The new system enabled a number of jobs in one time. Technology was used to improve the efficiency and to complete job on time.
6. It is used for decision making, BI, providing customer care and enabling easy business partnerships.
7. It brings down the cost and time for completing work and prevents inaccuracy and obsolete bureaucratic practices.
8. Responsibilities of employee and performance of employees is maintained in the software.
9. It reduced a lot of paperwork as the employees of the company have to work on computer and make every single entry on computer.
10. It provides quick processing and various departments can communicate without personally moving from one place to other.
11. It helps the company to serve the customer better and prevents delays in communication.
12. It is scalable and is used to improve business performance, and provide an edge over the competitors.
13. The main feature of ERP is that all the business areas of a company are integrated through a system which helps in improving decision making and a number of reporting tools and operations can be used to improve business performance.
14. It provides better visibility across the enterprise and helps to align various operations to meet business goals.
15. The regulatory compliance can be followed as standards are defined in the system and it prevents delays.
ERP system is different from accounting package because it automated enterprise wide solution. The modules automated through ERP were financials, distribution, HR, manufacturing and Payroll. The various departments of the organization were benefitted as
The manufacturing sector can speed up the process and distribution gets easy access to details related to goods.
SCM helps in managing planning, procurement, scheduling and fulfillment to maximize profits.
CRM is the core component of the ERP which helps the company to fulfill demands on time and process customer orders. A number of orders can be processed at one time and in case the company is running out of products - it can prepare. Sales and marketing personnel can provide each and every detail to customer through emails and online resources.
Marketing campaigns, sales literature and letters can be created through the marketing collateral and a number of engineering tools are available to design shapes of materials and goods.
To provide a good ERP system proper coordination of various elements of the enterprise is required. First the business processes should be analyzed and strategic plans in sales and operation should be made. The business processes should be supported by automated system.