There are numerous methods which are provided by the automated system that can improve Return on Investment (ROI) of the organization but it is necessary for the buyer to work in collaboration with the software vendor company to get the benefits of the features provided by automated system.
The life time of software can be from 5 to 10 years and the implementation process may take around 18 to 24 months - the software may take at least a year to show its benefits. Getting a good amount of ROI also depends on the vendor and the initial care taken in selection of software. The company needs to work together with the vendors to get maximum benefits from the system.
Some of the common benefits of an ERP which directly has an impact on ROI are
1. It streamlines business process and prevents delays.
2. It reduces data redundancy and repetitive work as the data can be entered into the centralized system and it can be accessed from anywhere.
3. It provides the analytical and business intelligence based on the data stored in various departments which can be used by the management of a company to make future plans.
4. It prevents delays in decisions making and hence increases production cycles.
5. It reduces the need for keeping large inventories as it can provide alerts to show that the inventory level is below critical level.
6. It allows the company to access information from online sources and get in contact with sales personnel and customers through internet.
7. The data of any department can be accessed from anywhere across geographical boundaries and a decision can be made by the top management groups. This prevents expenses on transportation and communication.
8. To achieve a high ROI the organization should set up goals and remove methodologies which takes in a lot of resources and gives less benefit. The aim should be to reduce the operational costs, get high profits, make better use of the available resources and reduce the expense on inventory.
9. It is important to get a solution to improve the end to end execution, and effectiveness in marketing and sales should be increased using the various technologies. The software also provides features to improve communication with business partners and reduce cost on operations.
Before selecting ERP and implementing the automated procedures, the company should identify the loopholes in existing business procedures and streamline the process. Some changes in internal policies can be helpful to reduce expense during implementation and it should be known ERP is not a solution to all problem of the organization. It can provide a good ROI if the business is managed well and it requires speeding up work processes without spending on hiring human resource for the management. It requires consistent work and standard methodology for the software to work properly.
Software eases the process of billing and conducting financial transactions, and the functions such as entries, recurrent entries, staff data, material management and marketing can be managed from one place. Automation prevents inaccuracies and the services follow the quality standards which are once set up in the machine. Hence it is very beneficial to go for ERP to increase ROI.